When the clouds turned dark and Cleveland County turned red on the Doppler map I went into emergency preparedness mode. Meanwhile, Ryan was still considering shooting hoops at the park 3 blocks away. When the power failed and the tornado sirens blew, I suggested we duck and cover in the bathroom. Ryan's response: "Let's just hang out, I'll get in the bathroom when something happens." Ummmmm, exactly what else needs to happen before you save your own life, I wonder? Anyway, since I take giant funnels of 5-thousand-mile-per-hour winds very seriously, I ran around gathering every blanket and fluffy thing I could find. Ryan made Phoebe a squishy bed in the bathtub (no, I still haven't tackled the soap scum).
Phoebe doesn't know about tornadoes yet. She found the whole event fairly relaxing. When it was all over, she was content to keep sleeping in the tub!
When Phoebe woke up we were still without power so we headed out with our pizza and rapidly melting ice cream and took refuge at the Chorley's home. Thanks Tim and Sarah for sharing your wonderful electricity with us! What a great impromptu tornado party!
It takes something more exciting than a tornado to keep Phoebe awake. What a sleepy-head!
ReplyDeleteYay for tornado parties! Hmm...minus the tornado. Yay for parties!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have been at the tornado party...minus the tornado!
ReplyDeleteAdele, is that the onesie from Marilyn in the bottomost picture?
Yes! My favorite of all of her sleepers! Almost too small for her now. :(
ReplyDelete