We joyfully anticipate his birthday in the early morning hours of Friday, August 3rd.
With gladness*, I am prepared to deliver my precious baby by Cesarean section under the care of my new medical team headed by Dr. Ryan (nice name!) at Saint Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City. I am exceedingly thankful to God for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby, for providing the technology capable of locating a rare and life-threatening labor complication, for arranging such wonderful medical care for me in a time of uncertainty and for giving me a willing spirit to accept new plans that weren't my own. God's plans for me are better than my own. With Him, my baby and I are in the best care of all!
*Gladness was not an emotion I initially felt. But God is faithful to shoulder my burden of fear and give me a spirit of courage and strength. Praise the Lord! You can read my original and ugly thoughts here.
I love your "original and ugly thoughts" page! So wonderfully written. And i so agree with what Ryan said ... I did struggle with my first C/S birth -- I felt like someone had robbed me of what I wanted for a "perfect" birth in my eyes. But ... I wasted so much time lamenting about it b/c it is such a small part of a child's life. I love my scar now :) ... I get to have a visual reminder of each of my babies' births :). It's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLove you so much, Gloria! You are such an inspiration to me and my biggest source for C/S info. Thanks for being an amazing friend, comforter, and encourager to me!
Delete