My Sweet Potatoes

My Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's a date.

Here we are on a date.
Precisely 23 minutes ago we. . .
1) wiped up peanut butter and twirly pasta from the four corners of the kitchen floor
2) introduced Phoebe to the brand-new baby-sitter
3) shattered and swept up broken glass from the bathroom tile
4) dodged the pee puddle by the bathtub
5) chased an un-diapered Phoebe down the hall
6) jammied, sang and said good-night prayers
. . .all before escaping out the door for a much-needed date. I wonder, is it weird that I was more concerned that the new sitter would be frightened away by our harried departure than I was concerned about leaving Phoebe with a near stranger?

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! And you only have one kid, wait until you have THREE!!! :)) ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing... sounds like you have lots of kids!

    ReplyDelete