Life is precious and we must not take it for granted.
Yesterday Phoebe's temperature spiked and since her pediatrician was booked for the day, we decided to take our first worried-parent trip to the emergency room. At first I felt like the over-reacting mommy who misuses the ER, but now I believe God purposed for us to be at the hospital at that very moment. Phoebe's fever rose to nearly 105 and she slipped into a seizure. The nurses and doctors responded so wonderfully to my sweet Phoebe and also to me and Ryan. They made a preliminary diagnosis of a nasty urinary tract infection and thanks to some IV fluids and powerful antibiotics she's on the mend.
I thank God for sending His angels to protect my little Phoebe. My God is a God of comfort, healing, peace and love. Please know that He has heard your prayers, and we are very thankful for all of our friends and family who love and support us in every way.
And now, a fun video for you to enjoy, because it makes me happy.
Amen! How great is the Lord!
ReplyDeleteYes, and thank goodness for smiling babies with ballons! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting Adele-we were praying hard for little Phoebe and for you. I can't imagine how scary that was. We took Alison to the ER once for a cut on her face and I thought Ben was going to pass out. I'm so thankful she's feeling better- Praise the Lord!
ReplyDeletePraise to the Father of mercies and God of all comfort.
ReplyDeleteYou know I used to have that same feeling- I don't want the doctors to think I am silly and overreacting but a nurse told me very straight forward once that "if you think your child need to be seen then take them to be seen. You are their only advocate." And I have never question myself since and I have never regretted taking either kid to be seen- even for a bug bite. The dr. said it was infected and required antibiotics.
ReplyDelete