My Sweet Potatoes

My Sweet Potatoes

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Marvelous

Today I am marveling at my little girl who marvels at the world all around her.

I marvel:

That she listens for and announces the airplanes that I have tuned out.

How she recognizes each letter of the alphabet in different fonts and places (what joy it is to walk through the mall and read the big letters above storefronts!)

When she knows just exactly where we are in town and can declare with excitement "Daddy!" as we pass the University; "Choo-choo!" as we drive over train tracks; "Church!" as we pull into the parking lot on Sunday morning; "Park!" when she sees endless rows of Chevy trucks in the dealership next to the slide park.

Because she is my one and only Phoebe, and there is no other little girl like her.

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest entry and it takes me back to when I was marveling over my own dear girls. You expressed it well, Addie. I love you.
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet! This reminds me of Grant when he exclaims after being out that "We're HOME!". And Evelyn at Phoebe's age would always point out the moon when I didn't think it was out. Collect these moments- they go fast!

    ReplyDelete