My Sweet Potatoes

My Sweet Potatoes

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Ode to Grandma

A Poem
By Phoebe Louise

My Grandma came to visit me while Daddy was away.
She played with me and tickled me and we giggled every day.

We watered Mommy's basil and peppers and tomatoes.
And just to make sure I grow too, we also watered my toes!

Grandma made my watermelon dress with a pretty bow,
So I struck a Gerber pose and gave a fashion show.

Grandma took me splashing. I loved the water sprout.
But every time I grabbed for it, the water all squished out.

Grandma calls me her "Punkin" and "Little Dolly" too,
And since I can't say "Grandma" yet, I call her "Agoo".

I love you Grandma!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed that Phoebe can rhyme! She takes after her Grandma.
    The last picture is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Day With Phoebe

    Oh, so much fun
    With my granddaughter!
    In the warmth of the sun
    We splash in the water.

    Playing with blocks,
    And reading a book,
    Trying on dresses;
    How cute she does look!

    Laughs, smiles, and kisses;
    It's any of these,
    That makes my life happy
    With my Phoebe Louise.

    I love you precious Phoebe!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is too much! I know which side has culture. We tell fart jokes on the Bisel side!

    ReplyDelete